The final thesis is one of the most complicated tasks for students. Not only because it involves an extra effort, but for the time that we have to dedicate to achieve a job worth 10. To avoid dying in the attempt to write a successful thesis, I bring you these tips that can be of great help.
- I chose a theme. NOW! Maybe it may seem we are thinking about this in August, but it is highly recommended that you at least have an idea of what you are going to develop in your thesis. Keep in mind that if you choose a topic that you are passionate about everything will be more tolerable since you will be able to spend more time without “suffering” on the road.
- Read everything that has to do with your thesis topic: The more informed you are, the better. This you can go ahead in your free time, for example. Another interesting practice is to look for chats on the Internet and listen to them while you are exercising or traveling. This way you are going to immerse yourself in the subject that you are going to expose.
- Take a day off to commit to making a work plan: It is best to divide it into weekly stages. Whether you have a semester or two, put together a plan detailing what you are going to do each week to finish your thesis on time and then determine what you will do each day to achieve this weekly goal.
- Build a calendar indicating times of research, rest and writing: The most important thing at this point is that you are realistic when it comes to your activities. It is highly recommended that you plan to finish at least 15 days in advance, so that you can review everything written and prevent any unforeseen events that may delay you.
- Take notes: Contain key words or phrases that you collect throughout your research. They should be very brief notes that allow you to consult information easily and quickly. Remember that when you are defending it will be necessary that you have very cool all these appointments in relation to your work and the confidence to respond with knowledge.
- Look for a quiet and peaceful place to develop your thesis: Anything that can distract you will only hurt you in arrears. This is the hardest part, as sometimes it will seem that there are other better and more important things to do, try to focus on turning off your cell phone and stay away from anything that can disperse you.
Seek Help: If you know someone who can help you with your topic, much better! Looking for help in time will save you a lot of headaches.
8. Do not punish yourself: For long hours in the library or unveiling yourself to finish everything in a shorter period; sometimes the best ideas come up after a break. Try to sleep 7 or 8 hours a day, eat well, exercise and clear, also a couple of hours to dedicate to your friends, your family and especially yourself. All this will help you to be more dedicated to your work.
The secret to not end up having a thesis work in which you have worked tirelessly and without stopping, is that you balance your personal and professional life.